Thursday, January 12, 2012

Real

Can I just be real here for a minute?

A confession of sorts? I realize my audience might largely be those who always lead a healthy lifestyle and workout all the time but I just laying it all out there so there are no false illusions of grandeur about me. (As if....you read the name of my blog.)

At this very minute, I may or may not be making some greasy tacos for dinner.

I may or may not have been thinking this week about all I want to eat before giving it up for 6FIT starting next week.

I may or may not have been slacking on the working out this week knowing I'm going to get my butt kicked next week. :(

So, there it is, apparently, the truth will set you free. I am hoping that is the case for me here! So tomorrow is a new day! My goal and success for tomorrow will lie in the following things:

1. I WILL drink only water tomorrow (okay and maybe a cup of coffee....)
2. I WILL pull out my jogging stroller tomorrow and go for a run with Rhee (okay, maybe a jog....)
3. I WILL eat some balanced and healthy meals tomorrow and take the time to do it.

AND lastly, I need y'alls help with this one:

4. I WILL cook a healthy meal for my family tomorrow night

Please send me your favorite healthy family friendly meal by noon (EST) tomorrow (1/13/12) and I will make it and let y'all know how it goes!

SO there it is, I am far from perfect but if I can work on making lifestyle changes, anyone can!

Sincerely,
On the road to a healthier me, Leta :)

5 comments:

  1. I haven't tried these yet, but here's some quinoa recipes :)

    http://www.wholeliving.com/142634/healthy-quinoa-main-course-recipes/@center/144884/healthy-dinners

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/2011/09/cheesy-enchilada-stack.html

    I LOVE mexican food, and this is a fairly healthy recipe! I change it a bit: no meat, instead replace that layer with a mixture of cooked quinoa, 1 can green chilies and about 1 cup frozen corn. I added some taco sauce to the pinto beans to season them a bit, and I omitted all the cheese in the layers except a little bit on the top. I also added green onions on a few of the layers in addition to the top. It was super tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog because you are so honest! I hope that your water drinking goal is still in effect today and you are cooking a warm healthy meal for your family. Report back on your jog!!! :) My favorite jogging game I like to play is take a leisurely jog/walk (yes, pushing the monster stroller) away from your house for 20 minutes, then SPRINT back in 10 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty successful day today! :)

    1. Water was the name of the game today! I did have a small coffee but other than that, it was only water today.

    2. I didn't get out the jogging stroller today BUT ONLY BECAUSE it was so cold out today. I did the treadmill thing today while Rhee napped.

    3. My meals were much more balanced today. :)

    4. As for the healthy meal, I did it! Lemon adobo chicken (baked) with rice and veggies. It was quite good.

    New challenges ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on preparing the healthy meal!!! Knew you could do it :) I'll try to get send some easy healthy recipes your way...and we'll definitely need to do dinner night together one night too!

    ReplyDelete