Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Perfectionist

I think the real problem I have had (and have now) with being healthy and working out in the past is perfectionism. Unless I do it perfectly, I don't want to do it.

This is a gross neglect on my part and I miss out on things because of this. To expect that I will do everything perfectly all the time is unrealistic. I love that Gina and DanceFIT studio recognize this and give you two 'immunity' days during 6FIT. However, I need to stretch this into my day to day on 6FIT. Today I have had a slow start and have been beating myself up about it.

Just because I have had a slow start does not mean the whole day is blown, water intake is back on track as well as my veggie/fruit intake. I will salvage this day and not worry about the fact that I am not perfect! :)

It's going to be a great day! See you in virtual Arms & Abs tonight!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Leta, from one perfectionist to another, you're doing great. It took me a lot longer to realize that fact when I first did the program. So for you to recognize it this early in he program, you're way ahead of the game. Way to plug ahead and Go team 3!!!

    Robert

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Robert! :) I second your 'Go team 3!!!' :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leta, I am the EXACT same way... and it's one of the things I love most about 6Fit. In the past I was perfect on Mon-Tues, but once I did one little thing wrong on Wednesday (bad food or skipped a workout) I would quit for the whole rest of the week. Its really hard to move to the mindset that ANYTHING you do that is good for you, is good for you, even if its not the BEST possible thing.

    Thanks for writing, i'm having fun reading!
    ~Alyssa

    ReplyDelete